Monday, July 7, 2014

brew-ti-ful...

Real talk: I could spend all my money on coffee. Americanos, lattes, hot, cold - I don't even care. I love all the coffee! (Something I get from the mother...)  With the high temperatures and wanting to take my coffee to go, iced and cold brew have been pretty regular in consumption. After doing a little research (read: Pinterest), I decided to give cold brew coffee a try. Being too impatient to make hot coffee and let it chill to drink iced, I assumed this would be much easier. WRONG. The biggest component to this process was patience, and it is so worth it.



____________________________________________________________


Now, here is the simplest recipe you will find on the internet:

COLD BREW CONCENTRATE
1.  Grind 1 1/3 cups of whole coffee beans.
2.  Place in a sealable glass container with 3 cups of cold water. (A one pint mason jar is perfect!)
3. Seal and let sit at room temperature for 12 to 24 hours - the longer the better.
4. Strain through cheesecloth to separate concentrate from grounds.
5. Dilute with water in a 1:1 ratio.
6. Serve over ice and enjoy!

(Best kept refrigerated and is great for two weeks. 
But it won't be around that long... trust me.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment